Tuesday, February 24, 2009

Seven Days is just not enough...


And Monday is now over. Seeing as I don't have classes on mondays, my Reading break is now officially over and I go back to school tomorrow. I didn't do anything school related in for past seven days. I figured I'd earned it. I had worked so hard the 2 weeks prior, and was physically exhausted due to the massive concentration of midterms all at once, as well as the application deadlines. They are all in now, save for 2 referee forms, one for UBC and one for TRU. I'm still waiting for the right moment to ask for those. *sigh*.
Tonight, Callyn and I watched The Last Unicorn. Those of you who have seen it, and remember it, know it's pretty frickin awesome. Of course, in the movie, the songs are performed by The Americans... and Kenny Loggins does such a better rendition. Anywho, We still enjoyed watching it. The animation was very.... Hobbit-esque (If anyone saw the cartoon version of the Hobbit) and I was surprised at the content! There is this one scene where this immortal bird creature with three droopy breasts kills the gypsy and her assistant who were keeping her and other animals caged in a carnival (Mommy Fortuna's Midnight Carnival) by pecking their eyes out. Obviously you don't actually SEE the eyes being ripped and torn from their sockets, but you KNOW it is happening, from the screeches and screams.. and you see from behind, the bird thing on top of the gypsies........ oh how very graphic!
It was the old cartoons and kids movies we grew up with that were fun! I mean, besides the inclination of physical torture.... But this movie actually had a storyline. Instead of a bunch of puppets jumping around on screen not using real language or something like that. Or... oh man, what were they called... Weebles?? I'll look for a picture.no!!! BOOMBAS! something like that. no luck with a picture.. but it was creepy as hell!
I wonder if I could find The Hobbit on Dvd....

No comments:

Post a Comment